Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Brother In Need

Shawn Manley pictured above

I recently have found a blog that is hosted by a Christian who is going to Hollywood to work on a 'real world' film/TV production staff. He will be doing this for the glory of GOD and I guess you could call him a missionary in Hollywood.


He's name is Shawn Manley and he has asked our help to give him our prayers or donations. He needs the money because the cost to attend this is $1500 per month! This will be for food, housing, utilities and travel expenses. Remember that any donations (he suggests as low as 1 dollar) will be helpful for him to reach out to people who don't truly know JESUS as their savior. Please act on this cause with your prayers and, if possible, your money. During this Easter season, making donations to things like this is exactly what we should be doing. Even your prayers will help!


I probably haven't given you enough information, like what address to mail your donations to. If you want the whole story (and the address) please go to:


I understand you might be pressed because you are low on money, but remember that prayers are as much appreciated as money. Thank you. Please don't hesitate to help our brother in need.


God bless you all.

Peace.


Your servant,

RC Hammer

7 comments:

Shawn Manley said...

Wow, you don't know what this means to me! Thank you for this. This truly is a blessing. And to answer your question, YES! My church is behind me 100% My pastor, and everyone else is very proud, and are doing all they can to see to it that I get there come Aug. The classes begin on Aug. 16th. But, yeah the support I've recieve is truly overwhelming, and know you posting this. I JUST smiled when I saw it. Thank you for your support and prayers. Till next time ;)

-Manley

RC HAMMER said...

No problem. I think GOD just directed me to your blog because a few weeks ago I asked GOD to show me to someone or some ministry to donate to. And he ended up showing me to you, so I really think I am going to donate. GOD really does answer our prayers and if we just keep our ears open to listen, HE'll give us the answer.
GOD bless you.

RC Hammer

Overflow Blogger said...

Hey RC hammer,

Thanks for the visit to and comment on my blog. That is my teaching that you asked about. I was teaching two weeks of a 4 week series on Evangelism at my church, Liferoads Church in Spokane, Washington.
Thanks again for the visit!

Donnie

Shawn Manley said...

Just wanted to say thanks again for everything and I hope all is well on your end. Keep up the great work for the Lord!

-Manley
(LK 1:37)

RC HAMMER said...

I've gotten a few people to start to pray for you Shawn. I hope to be donating some money soon. You're in my prayers!

Thanks for the visit to my blog too, Donnie.

GOD bless you.

RC Hammer

Shawn Manley said...

God is Gr8t! Awesome! You know there really aren't enough words to really sum up how wonderfully incredible I think he is. Thank you for everything you've done and are doing it means more than you know! And about your last post. WHat is your favorite music to listen to? Me, personally I like praise and worship, but also Selah (amoung others).

RC HAMMER said...

I normally like any song that is pretty catchy but I guess my favorite music is Christian rock and pop. My favorite Bands and artists are the Newsboys, P.O.D., KJ-52, Audio Audrenaline,and Hawk Nelson. They are all Christians and they're music varies from all over.

GOD bless you.

RC Hammer