Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Make the Most Important Decision in Your Life: Accept JESUS as Your Personal Savior

The most important decision in one's whole life is their decision to accept JESUS CHRIST and to follow HIM for the rest of their life. If you are not Christian, one who is struggling on what to chose, I urge you: Drop the confusion and follow JESUS. As I continue, I will tell you why you should chose JESUS and how... But please. Don't let the size of this post intimidate you. Please read it!

Let me start by explaining the base of Christianity. Back before JESUS was born (HE was born about 2,000 years ago) people made sacrifices to GOD to forgive their sins. The sacrifices were usually an individuals clean animal, keep in mind a lamb. Now, there's a lot of things I can say here, but I want to keep it simple. Now, GOD promised HIS people a Savior, a Messiah (I'll show you all of the 'promises' from GOD later). So HE sent HIS Son (JESUS) down to earth through the virgin Mary. JESUS was a great teacher (as you probably know) who never did anything wrong; HE never sinned. The Roman empire began to fear HIM, because they thought HE and HIS followers would try and 'overpower' them. So they arrested HIM, and handed HIM over to Pilot for trial. During the trial, JESUS had many chances to prove HIMSELF innocent, but HE didn't. HE was on a mission... HE knew HE had to die for our sins. So HE let the soldiers beat HIM, and spit on HIM, and mock HIM. Then they had HIM walk up a hill with a cross on HIS back to crucify HIM. They took some nails and they nailed JESUS' hands and feet to the cross. After that, they stabbed HIM with a spear, and then they left HIM there, dead. Soon, some of JESUS' disciples came and took HIM down from the cross. Then they put HIM in a tomb. Three days later, through the power of GOD, JESUS rose from the dead and then later ascended into heaven. Now, I think I skipped why all of that happened, so let me explain. I'm sure you have heard this verse:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16


GOD sent JESUS CHRIST to this earth to die for our sins. All of that JESUS went through was so we could be saved and so we could have life. JESUS gave up HIS own life for ours. How does this work? Let me explain.

GOD is perfect. HE has never sinned at all, HE is totally pure. We are not perfect. It is by our own human nature that we are bound to sin at least once, making us not pure; We are sinners. GOD cannot be in the presence of sinners (because sin makes us imperfect), so we cannot be in heaven with HIM forever (after we die) unless we find a way to be totally pure, like GOD. Do I need to back this up? How about Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD." So, I guess we are all stuck, since we all have sinned and have fallen short of GOD. Nope. This is where JESUS comes in. If we call out to JESUS (pray) and ask HIM to forgive our sins, then HIS spilled blood comes a 'washes' away our sin, making us perfect like GOD. The next time GOD looks at you, HE won't see an imperfect sinner, but he will see a perfect JESUS.


Now, to make what I said more understandable, I will use my famous, "Highly Scientific Chart", and an example.

Imagine a large canyon. GOD is on one side, humans are on the other. It is impossible for a human to jump from his/her side to God's. People who do that will surely fall. But when one asks JESUS to forgive them or their sins, HE becomes a 'bridge' from the human side to God ' s side. JESUS is the only way to GOD, you can't get to HIM by your own actions! Take a look at the illustration below to see what I mean.


You may be thinking that you will make it to heaven anyway, because you believe in JESUS and you haven't done anything wrong. You think.

First of all, do you love HIM or do you just believe in HIM? You aren't going to be able to make a deal with GOD when you are standing in front of HIM at your judgment. Think of all the sin you have committed

Have you ever:
Stolen something? That makes you a thief.Lied about something? That makes you a liar?Used God's name in vain? You are a sinner.

You probably have done some of that stuff, and that is already three of the Ten Commandments! And I'm sure you have committed other crimes against the LORD! Like I said, you can't get to heaven through your own works! Understand, you're a sinner! Heaven is spotless, you are not until you ask JESUS to come in to your life and forgive you of your sins!

There is a lot of good things that comes out of becoming a Christian too. GOD kindly and (happily) blesses you, you are most always happy, and best of all you get to be with GOD in heaven for eternity. And I don't like using this in my message of hope for the forgiven, but there is a place called hell for those who don't accept CHRIST. Hell is pure torture and it is also eternal (like heaven). I'm not going to go far into this topic, but to hear more about it, double click this:
http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

(GOD doesn't want us to go to hell (HE makes that clear in the Bible), but HE gave us free will. HE can't do anything about it... except send me to tell you to chose heaven instead of it).

So now I plead with you: Don't put off your decision to chose CHRIST! You may think that you have all of the time in the world, but you really never know when you die. You could die in a week, in a few days, tomorrow, today, maybe even this very hour. About two people die every second! How do you know it won't be you? Don't think I'm trying to scare you into making your decision. I just want you to know that you are more happy than you can imagine after you accept JESUS.

I might sound a little strange when I say this, but some people who are not saved think they are pretty happy. I've been "on the outside" too, and I thought I was living a pretty good life. But after I accepted JESUS, things were much better! I couldn't believe my so called "good" life could turn into a great life!

OK. Yes, I am chasing you. But don't think I am crazy. This is a very important decision you can be making, and life is so much better after you make your choice to follow JESUS! You will never know how perfectly clear everything will become after you chose HIM. I can't stand how you might lose your whole life if you take in my message like background music!

Please, ask JESUS into your life now!!!

Steps to Bring JESUS Into Your Life:

Believe that JESUS is the one true son of GOD, and that HE died for your sins, came back to life, and is still alive today.
Be sorry for your sins because they separate you from GOD.
Ask the LORD JESUS to take away your sins, forgive you, and restore your relationship with GOD. GOD is the one who gives us salvation and faith. We can't save ourselves.
Once you do these things, know that you are part of God ' s family and that JESUS promises to be with you forever.
If you want to do this, pray this simple prayer:
Dear GOD, thank you for sending your son JESUS to die for my sins. I know I'm a sinner, so please forgive me of my sins and make me a new person. I want to have a relationship with you forever. Thank you for loving me and giving me a second chance. In JESUS' name, Amen.
I hope you made the decision to follow JESUS CHRIST. If you did, please let me know. I will be praying for you and I will bless you.

"Your Relationship With GOD"

Just because you are saved, doesn't mean you can do anything you want. Being a Christian means you have a relationship with GOD and JESUS. The most important thing in a relationship is love, wouldn't you agree? The Bible says:

If ye love me, keep my commandments.John 14:15

To help you get started being a Christian, I will give you some ways you can build your relationship with JESUS CHRIST.
Build Your Relationship with GOD:
Talk to GOD in prayer- You and GOD are friends now... Most friends like to talk. Speak to GOD everyday. You can anywhere and any how. Ask HIM for help or thank HIM for something, just let GOD know you are there!
Spend time with GOD by reading the Bible- The Bible is God's word; HE speaks to you through it and plus, you learn a lot about what you should and shouldn't do. Try to at least read one chapter everyday... but more if you have time.
Worship GOD- Tell and show GOD how great HE is by thanking HIM, praising HIM, and by keeping HIS commands.
Learn about GOD from other Christians- Don't be afraid to go to Church, watch religious television, or do anything that involves learning something from other Christians. They are your brothers and sisters!
"I pray that GOD will bless all who read this and make the decision to follow HIM forever. May everything you have increase seven-fold, and may GOD bless you in any other ways HE wants to. I pray that your relationship with GOD will be strengthened, and that you will live peacefully with GOD for eternity. In JESUS' holy name, amen."
Your servant, RC Hammer
to read a much shorter version on this, double click:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/howtobesaved.html
To read another short version (from Chuck Norris' website), double click:
http://www.ccci.org/wij/index.html



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i understand why it took three days to make this post. i really REALLY like wat you did with the blog! its very nice and i loooooove the pictures. they're so calm and relaxing. Where did you get those pictures anyway. You really have upgraded ur blog and it looks WAY different from ur first one.

Isabella said...

oh my goodness!!! i swear i wanna smack kyle so hard.....i wouldnt be surprised if the whole class knew who we were talking about....CANT HE KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT?!?!?! you need to contain your friend!! lol jk.....


well byes


Bella~ ttyl

RC HAMMER said...

I take it that KayKay is ChinaGirl... I mean Kaylee! Thanks.

That's funny Bella... it's just the comments... he says them at the worst times! Oh well... if you want, I will have a "word" with him...

GOD bless you both.

RC Hammer

RC HAMMER said...

I get the pictures just by clicking images and then searching sunsets or rainbow or anything. I have a lot more on my later posts in the older archives...